This follows allegations Hall, an engineering technologist, completed and signed documents using others’ identities and credentials without their permission. The documents include producer statements, which provide assurance to councils that a design meets Building Code and consenting requirements when signed by a Chartered Professional Engineer.
Engineering New Zealand is actively working with a number of affected councils to help them provide certainty to owners in their communities. We’re also working with the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) and assisting the NZ Police with their investigations.
This page will be updated regularly with new information for:
- engineers, councils and architects
- owners of impacted buildings
- the public
Engineering New Zealand press releases are listed below.
- Engineering Technologist JB Hall guilty of forgery – 19 December 2023
- Guidance for councils reviewing consented designs – 21 July 2023
- Over 40 councils affected by consenting concerns – 7 July 2023
- Consented designs under investigation – 29 June 2023
- List of affected councils
See Public information for further media coverage.