We have great connections all over the world, which means our members get to benefit from international opportunities.
We offer 3 international registers:
- International Professional Engineer (IntPE)/APEC Engineers Register
- International Engineering Technologist (IntET)
- International Engineering Technician (IntETn)
Engineering New Zealand maintains the international engineers' registers within New Zealand. It's part of our role with the International Engineering Alliance (IEA). Registration is available to engineers that are Chartered Members of Engineering New Zealand and meet the required standard.
The perks of being on an international register include:
- an internationally recognised quality mark
- enhance your credibility
- improve your overseas work opportunities
- streamline overseas membership, registration or licensing processes
- use relevant postnominal - IntPE (NZ) / APEC Engineer, IntET (NZ), IntETn (NZ)
Find out more on working overseas
Joining an international register
Joining an international register means your competence as an engineer is recognised to an international standard – building your credibility even more. It also provides opportunities and greater mobility around the world.
To join a register, you need to complete our online application form. Make sure you meet the criteria below and that your work and learning records in our online member area are up-to-date. We'll then assess your eligibility and let you know if you're successful or if we need more information.
- Chartered Membership of Engineering New Zealand (demonstrating professional engineering competence for independent practice)
- A Washington Accord-accredited qualification OR an engineering degree assessed at level 7 on the NZQF by NZQA AND a successful Knowledge Assessment
- 7 years' relevant practical engineering experience post-graduation
- 2 years' taking responsibility for significant engineering activities
- Chartered Member (Engineering Technologist) of Engineering New Zealand
- A Sydney Accord-accredited qualification
- 7 years' relevant practical engineering experience post graduation and 2 years' taking responsibility for significant engineering activities
- Chartered Member (Engineering Technician) of Engineering New Zealand
- A Dublin Accord-accredited qualification
- 1 year relevant practical engineering experience post graduation
ANNUAL FEES (excl GST)
Application/annual fee $65
To stay registered, you'll need to keep up with the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) requirements of your Engineering New Zealand Chartered Membership and pay the annual fee.