4 Aug 2021
Get the recognition you deserve and enter the inaugural Engineering Heritage Award for the chance to see your project celebrated as a finalist or winner at the Engineering Heritage Conference.
Have you been part of an innovative heritage project of historical or cultural significance, that has delivered value to a community, iwi, organisation, the environment, education or general New Zealand society?
We invite you to enter the inaugural Engineering Heritage Award if you've delivered in one or more of the following areas:
Physical restoration and adaptive use. Innovative restoration or reuse of an engineering site or structure/s that are sympathetic to the original materials, while allowing for new uses, bringing new purpose and energy.
Interpretation and storytelling. Communicated engineering heritage stories in a creative, relevant and inclusive ways with a range of audiences.
Public Programmes or Education. Community activities or education programmes that engage with engineering heritage in meaningful ways that enhance the wellbeing of the community.
New Zealand has a rich engineering and industrial heritage worth appreciating and celebrating – and we want to make sure everyone knows about and understands our major engineering achievements, and the contribution engineers make to society.
This award is a chance to further celebrate Aotearoa's engineering heritage, putting a spotlight on innovative work done by outstanding Kiwi engineers.
By entering, it's a great chance to promote your business, the amazing work you do, and the people you work with – as the finalists and winner will receive widespread promotion of their heritage project. You'll also get noticed by businesses, decision-makers, and others in Aotearoa's engineering profession.
Recognition for projects in this space also helps to preserve precious heritage structures in future. Highlighting and promoting work where engineering techniques have helped to restore or repurpose heritage structures, contribute to New Zealand's wider industry knowledge.
And did we mention it's free? There’s nothing to lose by putting your project forward!
Who can enter?
Entries are open to individuals, teams, firms, local councils, and other groups. Other entry aspects:
- Projects, programmes, and initiatives are eligible
- Projects may include work by non-engineers
- Work must be substantially completed after July 2017
- Entrants do not have to be Engineering New Zealand members
Judges will assess the following elements of the project:
- Vision – the need for the project and the concept
- Delivery – the way the idea was delivered, considering all the factors and engaging with the right people
- Impact – value, sustainability, social, cultural responsibility –and how it's made a difference
- Entries close 4 October 2021
- Finalists announced 18 October 2021
- The winner will be announced at the conference dinner 15 November 2021
Once completed, send your entry through to firstname.lastname@example.org