Find out how we recognise your engineering credentials and progress your journey to becoming Chartered.
What we’ll check
We’ll check your engineering credentials:
- Qualifications that are conferred (you’ve completed graduation requirements)
- Memberships and registrations with international engineering organisations
- Assessments with Engineers Australia or NCEES (USA)
Prepare for your check
Before you request a credential check, you’ll need to add your credentials to your account. And for each credential, you’ll need to upload evidence:
- Qualifications – graduation or award certificate, and academic transcript or marksheets
- Memberships and registrations – award certificate or other evidence
- Assessment – evidence of your assessment outcome
What you’ll get
We’ll assign an Accord recognition status to each credential:
- Washington Accord
- Sydney Accord
- Dublin Accord
- No recognition
If an Accord recognition is assigned, this means the credential is either recognised by us as Accord-accredited or as demonstrating equivalence to an Accord-accredited qualification.
Based on your Chartership goal, we’ll also make an overall assessment of your credentials so we can recommend your next step to get Chartered. We offer four Chartership options:
- Chartered Member or Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng)
- Chartered Member (Engineering Technologist)
- Chartered Member (Engineering Technician)
- Chartered Member (PEngGeol)
Need a report about your international credentials?
As part of your credential check request, you can tell us if you need a report about your international credentials for:
- Immigration New Zealand visa application
- Electrical Workers Registration Board (EWRB) registration assessment
- Potential employer or education provider
We’ll send you a report that meets your purpose after your credential check is completed.
Fees and processing time
A credential check is free if you’re a member of Engineering New Zealand. For non-members the fee is $431.25 (incl GST).
We’ll check your credentials within 7 to 10 working days, after payment is received.
Got a new credential and need another check?
If you’ve gained another credential since having your other credentials checked, you can get a subsequent credential check free of charge.
Request a check
If you're an Engineering New Zealand member, just log in to your account to request a check.
If you're not a member, simply sign up to get access to request a check.