To work as an engineer in New Zealand, you need to have the right qualifications. New Zealand has 3 different programmes of world-class engineering education.
- Professional Engineer: 4-year Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Engineering Technologist: 3-year Bachelor of Engineering Technology
- Engineering Technician: 2-year New Zealand Diploma in Engineering
Engineering New Zealand accreditation
We accredit New Zealand tertiary engineering qualifications to internationally-recognised benchmarks.
Graduating with an Engineering New Zealand-accredited qualification means that you are:
- able to work overseas as we are a signatory to international engineering accords
- automatically eligible for an Engineering New Zealand Membership.
Want to get a programme accredited?
If you’re a tertiary education provider and you’re looking to have your engineering programme accredited or re-accredited, please read the following documents: