If you are a building owner and you have concerns about a building, you should consider engaging a structural engineer familiar with the building’s construction type to give it a full assessment. If you are a tenant and you have concerns about the building you occupy, you should contact your building owner.

To find an engineer, use the ACENZ locate an engineer list to find an engineering firm with structural engineers. Tell the engineering firm that you want a Chartered Professional Engineer specialising in structural assessment of buildings and explain what type of building you have.

If you want to confirm that your engineer is a Chartered Professional Engineer, you can search our public register.