The Temporary Works Forum NZ has been established to encourage open discussion on any matter related to Temporary Works, for the benefit of the New Zealand Construction Industry.
What they do
The Forum’s primary objectives with respect to temporary works are to:
- Give authoritative guidance and when required professional leadership to the industry;
- Consider aspects of permanent works and interfaces between permanent works and temporary works as are relevant;
- Consider both current practice and likely development;
- Be aware of trends and innovations in design, construction and use.
This remit will be delivered by:
- Providing a forum for reasoned debate;
- Arranging seminars and meetings for opinion formers and experts;
- Providing and contributing to education and guidance material;
- Seeking close working relationships with others; and
- Influencing industry and others.
Applications for membership are now open and are complimentary thanks to our industry supporters.
TWf NZ holds quarterly public meetings in Christchurch, Wellington and Auckland. Check here for upcoming meetings.
- Gil Johnstone, (Chair), Fulton Hogan
- Susan Temple, (Vice Chair), Hawkins Construction
- Andy O’Sullivan, (Secretary), Andy O’Sullivan Geotechnical Engineers
- Tim Pervan, Heron Construction
- Nick Bamford, Bamford Consultants
- Chris Hewitt, Brian Perry Civil
- Tom Watson, Robert Bird Group
- Matt Mules, Oxcon.CLL
- Marianne Rogers, Geovert NZ
- Dewi Todd-Jones, Waka Kotahi NZTA
Good Practice Guidance
Good Practice Guidance (GPG01:19) Examples
Technical Guidance Notes
TWf(NZ) Information Posters
NOTE: The use of international guidance should be used in accordance with NZS1170 for the consideration of loadings to New Zealand conditions.
NOTE: The working relationship between international forums is to be open and mutually beneficial, but carries no direct affiliation.