The Society of Construction Contract Practitioners (SCCP) is a technical group of Engineering New Zealand. SCCP engages in activities of interest to Independent Certifiers (and Engineers to Contract), Contract Administrators, and other construction practitioners who have an interest in fostering contract administration excellence.
What the group does
SCCP is an expansion of the EtC Panel pilot run by Engineering New Zealand in 2022 and 2023. It aims to:
- Encourage social and technical liaison between Engineers to Contract and Engineer’s Representatives under NZS3910:2013, Independent Certifiers and Contract Administrators under NZS3910:2023, and other construction practitioners at all levels who have an interest in fostering contract administration excellence.
- Promote independent and impartial actions by EtCs, IRs and other construction contract practitioners
- Promote best practice and better processes across the industry
- Ensure the advancement and dissemination of knowledge relating to contract administration
- Provide a forum for construction contract practitioners to communicate among themselves
The Society of Construction Contract Practitioners Group is a technical interest group of Engineering New Zealand.
As a member, you'll have access to benefits that include:
- Opportunities to socialise with other like-minded practitioners
- Growing business and technical contacts
- Online forums (in-person and written) discussing issues of concern to the industry
- Webinars featuring experienced industry practitioners
- Guides for use in construction contract administration practice
Anyone with an interest in construction contract administration is eligible to join as an Affiliate member. This includes engineers, quantity surveyors, project managers, designers, contractors, principals, local body and SOE employees, management and consultants.
All Engineers to Contract and Independent Certifiers are invited to apply to become a Panel member via our evaluation process.
Cost per year
Membership type Affiliate member
Cost per year $195
Membership type Panel member (requires application and assessment)
Cost per year $390
All costs exclude GST.