The Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) is a technical group of Engineering New Zealand and is a chapter of the International Society of Fire Protection Engineers with headquarters located in the United States. SFPE engages in activities that are educational, scientific, charitable or promote the practice of fire protection engineering.
What they do
The NZ Chapter of SFPE was formed in 1994, largely in response to the introduction of a set of performance based legislation covering environmental protection, construction, and worker safety, mandating the performance requirements but also allowing more or less prescriptive solutions.
The New Zealand Chapter of SFPE aims to:
- Advance the science and practice of fire protection engineering and its allied fields.
- Maintain a high ethical standard among its members.
- Develop fire protection engineering guidelines and standards and to foster fire protection engineering education.
As a member you'll have access to benefits such as:
- Access to monthly technical sessions.
- Opportunity to contribute to the growth of the fire protection engineering profession locally.
- Discounts on continuing professional development events.
- Access to the members' forum.