The New Zealand Tunnelling Society formed in 2017 to provide a local focus to what the Australasian Tunnelling Society does. The membership includes a diverse group of professions covering design, construction, occupational health and safety, technical, technology suppliers and environmental specialists.
What they do
- Share knowledge of best local and international tunnelling practices.
- Advance the knowledge of all factors affecting the design, construction and utilisation of underground space, including technical aspects, health and safety, and environmentally sustainable development.
- Promote the use of and facilitate a better understanding of the underground domain by governments, planners and the community.
- Provide a suitable forum for the participation and development of young tunnelling professionals.
- Provide representatives to sit on local, national and international committees drafting standards, legislation and advisory technical documents.
- Enable sustainable growth in the local contracting capability.
As a member you'll have access to benefits such as:
- Regular technical presentations and associated networking.
- Member only section of website including technical presentations and papers.
- Reduced registration fees to the triennial ATS Congress.
- Reduced registration fees for the NZ Tunnelling Short Course each time it is held.
- Monthly copy of International 'Tunnelling Journal.
Membership types include:
- Student (Engineering New Zealand member) - $45 per year
- Student - $75 per year
- Member - $95 per year
- Corporate membership - packages range from $880-$3000 and include various additional benefits including advertising on the NZTS website