The New Zealand Coastal Society offers two scholarships annually to students conducting research that has the potential to contribute towards the aims of the society.
What’s on offer?
The society offers two scholarships annually:
- $5000 to support PHD research
- $2500 to support Masters research
- Students must demonstrate that they are conducting research that has the potential to contribute towards the aims of the society.
- Recipients must undertake the research project while enrolled for a Masters or PHD degree in an NZ institution. S/he may already be enrolled prior to the 1st May scholarship application deadline as follows: Masters students must not have completed more than 0.6 EFTS of their thesis study period; PhD candidates must not have completed more than 2.0 EFTS of their thesis study period.
- Recipients may be New Zealand citizens, residents, or international students. S/he will be a member of the NZCS for the duration of the scholarship.
How to apply
Students can apply by filling out the application form, including their project outline and CV, and send it with a copy of their academic transcript plus a reference letter from the (proposed) supervisor. The application form can be found on the NZCS website.
5pm on 1st May each year and announcement of the successful recipient within a month of the closing date.