The CCCS is an agreement that regulates the relationship between the client, and the consultant engineer. At the end of 2017, a revised, 4th edition of this contract was published. This webinar gives an overview of the contract, the new provisions and some key clauses that regulate liability.
This webinar will cover:
- how the 4th edition CCCS differs from earlier editions.
- how the Construction Contracts Act impacts on the relationship between client and consultant.
- the key obligations of the client and of the consultant.
- how liability can be limited under the contract.
- the payment provisions under the contract, and how the Construction Contracts Act impacts on these.
- how disputes between client and consultant are resolved.
This course will be of interest to all engineers, and in particular anyone who acts as a consultant engineer or whose firm assumes that role.
Dr Giovanna Fenster
Dr Giovanna Fenster studied law in South Africa and has, for over two decades, been training, advising and consulting to the construction and engineering industries. Her workshops are lively, hands-on, and practical.