12 May 2020
Construction Health & Safety NZ has released new protocols for level 2. While they’re targeted at the construction sector, they provide a useful operating model for any work site, in any sector.
The level 2 protocols are very similar to those developed for level 3.
Changes to vertical/horizontal protocols include:
- Physical distancing onsite can reduce to 1m (or 2m from people you do not know)
Changes to residential protocols include:
- Physical distancing onsite can reduce to 1m (or 2m from those not in your work bubble)
- Non-essential visitors can undertake site visits with prior notice.
- Multiple trades can work onsite simultaneously
- Workers can leave sites for food/drink as long as they sign in/out.
Overview of all alert level requirements
The Government has published an updated overview of each alert level, which is useful for planning purposes.