The New Zealand Coastal Society (NZCS) is a technical group of Engineering New Zealand. The multi-disciplinary nature of coastal management in New Zealand means many of their members are from areas other than engineering. There are no entry criteria for the society and they welcome membership enquiries from anyone with an interest in the coast. NZCS members represent a wide range of coastal science, engineering, management and planning disciplines.
What they do
NZCS aim to take a leading role in facilitating robust discussion and nationally-coordinated interactions to better manage and learn about our coastal and marine environment. Their vision is sustainable management of New Zealand's coastal and marine environment supported by sound science, engineering and policy practice, comprehensive monitoring, involved communities and effective national networks.
As a member of NZCS you will gain access to benefits such as:
- Discounted registration fee on the NZCS Annual Conference.
- One copy of Coastal News published three times per year – March, June and November.
- Membership and attendance at regional branch meetings, workshops and events.
Membership types include:
- Student – Free
- Individual – $85 per year
- Life Member – Free
- Corporate – $500 per year