Great careers don’t happen by chance, they are the result of hard work and commitment. You must take time to develop your career, guide it and move it forward. By managing your career, methodically and consciously, you’ll make it work better for you.
The Career Bootcamp webinar sessions are based on Sean McLoughney’s book – Slave to a Job, Master of your Career – which helps you to build a successful career by making yourself more marketable and career-focused. Sean will share with you his four-step approach to a better career.
- Plan: complete a personal action plan that will boost your career progression
- Review: ensure you have the right skills and experience to avail of career opportunities
- Sell: grow your personal brand and become the employee of choice
- Invest: set aside sufficient time to keep your career progression on track.
Webinar 1 – planning for success
- Define what a career means to you.
- Develop a business plan and strategy for your career progression beyond your current role.
- Identify what skills and competencies companies are looking for when promoting people.
Webinar 2 – review your assets: skills, knowledge and experience
- Devise a framework to conduct a skills audit, including a SWOT analysis, to make sure you have the right skills for current and future roles.
- Prepare a Personal Learning and Development Plan to support your career progression.
- Choose a mentor and or coach who will guide your career and support your personal development.
Webinar 3 – sell your brand
- Describe your personal brand and differentiate yourself from your competitors.
- Promote your personal brand so you can make the right impact on the right people.
- Design a networking plan to support your career progression and maintain your desire to succeed.
Webinar 4 – Invest quality time in your career
- Set aside time to proactively manage your career path.
- Discuss how performance review meetings can boost your career prospects.
- Benchmark your progress on a monthly basis so you know you’re staying on track.
“And remember – if you take your eyes off your goals you will only see the barriers, and if you stop listening to your heart you will only hear negative thoughts. Be strong, be brave, be visionary, be happy, be a master of your career.”
If you’re just beginning your career path or need to refocus and put a career plan in place, don’t miss this webinar series.
Sean, Founder of Learning Curve, is a sought-after learning and development specialist, author and speaker. Since 2001 he has helped more than 14,000 professionals at every level improve their performance.