Networking is a great way to progress your career. Our Young Engineers' Group gives you the opportunity to meet with peers to exchange ideas, share knowledge, and build lifelong friendships. Run by volunteers, the group promote engineering and organise events in their local area. If you're an Engineering New Zealand member under the age of 35, you're automatically a member of the Young Engineers' Group.
Young Engineers' Council
The Young Engineers' Group is represented and organised by a voluntary council of representatives come from across New Zealand, and is headed by a National Chair. There are so many reasons why you should volunteer your time. As a Council volunteer you'll:
- gain new skills, knowledge, and networks
- develop your confidence and self-esteem
- open yourself to new career prospects and opportunities
- create a community of friends and peers
- gain a greater understanding of the engineering profession
- make the most of your Engineering New Zealand membership.
Volunteer positions last for a year.
Volunteer agreement | 502.6 KB
Regional Chairs organise presentations, workshops, site visits, and networking events. They also:
- provide leadership to Young Engineers' Branches
- provide a report to include in the Engineering New Zealand Annual Report
- represent young engineers at events
- attend regional branch meetings
- recruit new committee members
- liaise with us on funding and any other engineering issues.
The national Chair represents young engineers at both regional and national levels. They also:
- work with the Young Engineers' Council to promote the programme’s value and relevance
- provide advice and support to the Young Engineers' Council and regional committee members
- assist with budgets and funding requests for events
- represent young engineers at Engineering New Zealand events.
- Albie Ford
- Ama Wickramanayake
- Andrew Chalmers
- Darren Jurgens
- Dipal Raniga - National Chair
- Jonathan Kemp
- Lauren Croft
- Melissa Kleyburg
- Nikhil Vishwanath
- Ravi Sundar
- Simon McLoughlin
- Tim Court-Patience
- Waqas Liaqat
- William Rawlinson