Engineering students are the future of the profession. That's why we have a dedicated group to deliver student focused events and give Engineering New Zealand a student perspective on issues. Run by student volunteers, the group promote engineering and organise events at their tertiary institutions. If you're an Engineering New Zealand Student Member, you're automatically a member of the Student Engineers' Group.
Student Engineers Council
The Student Engineers' Group is represented and organised by a voluntary council of student representatives that come from tertiary institutions across New Zealand, and is headed by a National Chair. There are so many reasons why you should volunteer your time. As a Council volunteer you'll:
- gain new skills, knowledge, and networks
- develop your confidence and self-esteem
- open yourself to new career prospects and opportunities
- create a community of friends and peers
- gain a greater understanding of the engineering profession
- make the most of your Engineering New Zealand membership.
Volunteer positions last for a year.
Volunteer agreement | 502.6 KB
Regional Chairs organise presentations, workshops, site visits, and networking events. They also:
- provide leadership to Student Engineers' Branches
- provide a report to include in the Engineering New Zealand Annual Report
- represent students at events
- attend regional branch meetings
- recruit new committee members
- liaise with us on funding and any other engineering issues.
The national Chair represents students at both regional and national levels. They also:
- work with the Student Engineers' Council to promote the programme’s value and relevance
- provide advice and support to the Student Engineers' Council and regional committee members
- assist with budgets and funding requests for events
- represent students at Engineering New Zealand events.
- Alan Hemmings
- Ashleigh Philpott - National Chair
- Chris Harland
- Isabelle Berliner
- Janice Chin
- John Duran
- Joshua Parker
- Mark Kiely
- Patrick Leslie
- Peroze Irani
- Phillip Brumby
- Randula Herath Mudiyanselage
- Rene Wootton
- Sanmit Kaimal