Edna Waddell scholarships are for women entering their first year of undergraduate full-time study in engineering or technology at New Zealand universities. Applications for the 2018 year have now closed.
What's on offer
- 4 scholarships up to $5,000
Applications are open to:
- female New Zealand citizens or permanent residents
- school leavers and mature women who have not previously studied engineering or technology at this level.
For mature women, preference will be given to those who have worked in industry for at least 3 years or have passed sub-degree courses in technology or engineering.
How to apply
Your application needs to include:
- a completed online entry form
- proof of New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency
- for school leavers, their NZQA Record of Achievement and, if applicable, certified copies of alternative examinations
- for mature applicants, a CV
- a list of any relevant projects such as Crest or Science competitions
- evidence of other awards and achievements relevant to the Scholarship
- 2 references (for school leavers 1 of these must be from the Head of Department or subject teacher for mathematics, physics or chemistry)
- a statement explaining why you have chosen the particular programme
- aims, need for the Scholarship, and your future plans.