Rivers Group is technical group of Engineering New Zealand, for people who are passionate about the successful management of river systems across New Zealand. Members include engineers, geomorphologists, hydrologists, ecologists, scientists, planners, managers and others who want to work together to create and manage river systems that future generations can be proud of.
What they do
A few of the key objectives of the Rivers Group include:
- To facilitate cross-disciplinary interaction between individuals, communities and professionals involved in catchment management, flood risk management and river management.
- To promote best practice, leadership and the sharing of technical knowledge in all aspects of catchment management, including flood risk management, river restoration and river engineering throughout urban and rural environments.
- To support and promote relevant science and research in river and catchment management and to disseminate that information among professionals, academics, decision makers and the general public.
As a member you'll have access to benefits such as:
- Information and copies of their newsletter.
- Participate in conferences and seminars at preferential rates.
- Participate in annual, general or special meetings.
Membership types include:
- Student – Free
- Full – $65 per year
- Retired – $10 per year
- Corporate – $400 per year
- Community Group – Free