The New Zealand Timber Design Society (NZTDS) consists of people interested in timber design. Members include engineers, architects, manufacturers, contractors, designers and many others both in New Zealand and around the world.
What they do
NZTDS exists to foster the designed use of timber. This is achieved by:
- Providing a forum for members for the collection, collation and dissemination of knowledge about the appropriate use of timber in all its forms.
- Promotion of new ideas for the use of timber in all areas of design.
- Designing environmentally sound uses of timber.
- Fostering research into uses of timber.
- Encouraging interaction between groups interested in timber production, design and use.
- Encouraging excellence in design.
- The provision of design aids.
As a member you'll have access to benefits such as:
- The chance to meet and discuss issues with other timber design professionals.
- Discounted rates on continuing technical education in timber design.
- Access to software and other timber design aids.
- Receive the New Zealand Timber Design Journal, published quarterly.
- Receive Timber Design Australia by email or app.
- News and information on timber design matters by email.
Membership types include:
- Student– $24.84 per year
- Member – $110.40 per year
- Corporate – $596.16 per year