The Institution of Fire Engineers is an international learned body founded in 1918. The New Zealand Branch was incorporated in New Zealand in 1924 and has approximately 400 members. IFE is a charity managed for fire professionals by fire professionals, with the aim of promoting, encouraging and improving the science, practice and professionalism of fire engineering.
What they do
The IFE offers:
• Enhanced professional status for its members;
• Accredited qualifications for fire professionals;
• Free subscription to the International Fire Professional Journal;
• A range of accredited examinations;
• A voice in national and international debate on fire related issues;
• Unparalleled opportunities to network with fellow professionals worldwide;
• Sponsorship opportunities for higher education and research grants;
• Impartial, friendly advice on how to become an Engineering Technician, Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer.
Who should join
IFE members represent not only professional Fire Engineers but the whole spectrum of practising, specialised participants from across the fire safety and fire protection sector.
Our members share a commitment to envisioning, preparing, mentoring and building for the future, ensuring that the fire profession remains relevant and valued, protecting people, property and the environment from fire.