The ability to delegate is one of the most important skills of a successful manager and leader.
Delegation handled effectively leads to increased overall productivity, a stimulated, upskilled and motivated workforce - and more time for the manager.
This webinar provides participants with the skills to set up and implement a structured approach to Delegation; to provide monitoring and leadership appropriate to each individual team member; to provide assertive and effective feedback; to motivate and empower colleagues.
By understanding the 3 levels of delegation, the skilled leader can assess the level of competence and motivation of the team member, and then provide flexible, situational monitoring as the recipient grows into taking full ownership of the task.. These delegation skills can be learned, and once mastered, are hugely beneficial - to both leader and team member… and to the whole organisation.
This valuable and entertaining hands-on workshop teaches participants a simple yet powerful structured approach to Delegation.
Participants learn ways to provide effective monitoring and wise leadership in a variety of typical delegation situations – to achieve more whilst empowering others.
Content covered will include:
- Barriers to Delegation – Risk, or Investment? – what stops us from letting go? Perfectionism, Lack of Time, Loss of Control etc. Delegation Self-assessment Questionnaire
- The 3 Levels of Delegation – understanding the stages of specific task competence
- Situational Leadership – different strokes for different folks. Directive – Coaching – Supportive – Delegation… what they all mean, and how to use them.
- The Managerial Freedom Scale – getting things done through others. How “free” is your team? Where could they be? The importance of trust
- Delegation for Motivation - Lateral Delegation. Delegation amongst the team. Harnessing the link between delegation & motivation